Most Common Applications of Kiss Cutting
When shopping for custom die cutting services in CA, you should always make sure they can help you with rotary die cutting and kiss cutting. Both services are essential for shaping a lot of flat and web materials. The best die cutting CA has should also have kiss cutting capabilities.
Kiss cutting is like die cutting, but a kiss cut is more akin to perforation than a full cut. Die cutting cuts entirely through the material, whereas kiss cutting cuts only through the top layer. The upper portion of the material is affixed to the liner, and it is easy to remove. Think about removing a sticker or stamp from its backing. Manufacturers choose custom die cutting services because it is both efficient and fast. The process can be done on a wide array of materials. Kiss cutting has high tolerances, and it is excellent for quick turnaround times with high accuracyTypical applications of kiss cutting include:
- The most common use of kiss cutting includes kiss cut labels and kiss cut stickers. Kiss cutting machines carefully cut into materials that have an adhesive back. The shape created can easily be lifted and placed on appropriate surfaces.
- Kiss cutting is used for making products found in cars and packaging. It is common to find kiss cutting being used to manufacture pressure relief valves, filters, and acoustic insulation.
Custom Die Cutting Service
- Understanding the Differences Between Rotary and Steel Rule Die Cutting ServiceSteel rule die cutting services utilize a custom steel tool that punches shapes into a flat, sheet material. When using this type of die cutting, three major components are involved (rubber ejector, cutting edge, and die board. To operate the die, materials must be fed into the stamping tool.
- Common Applications of Kiss-Cutting
- Custom Rotary Die Cutting Services