Application of Rotary Die Cutting
Manufacturers cut, form, and shape sheet materials with die cutting machines because of the versatility offered by the process. To achieve high accuracy for different projects, custom-shaped die cutting is available in several methods, which include:
Of the above methods, rotary die cutting is amongst the most popular. Rotary die cutting machines are composed of dense cylindrical anvils that have custom dies attached to them. The die roles over the flat materials and makes contact with the female die features. The machine is fed sheet materials from a spindled roll or as individual pieces.
The most commonly made things with rotary die cutting are perforated tickets, small cardboard boxes, and business envelopes. Other reasons to consider rotary die cutting are:
- The rotary machine can be combined with other processes, which means that multiple process projects can be done in one place
- CNC applications
- Consistent cuts for high-volume projects
- Less waste when compared to other cutting methods
- Low tolerance precision cutting
- Speedy turnaround times
Die Cutting Services
Although there are many benefits, rotary die cutting is not suited for all fabrication projects. Our die cutting services include discussing plans to determine the best ways to approach it. Give us a call today to discuss your next die cutting project.Related Reading:
- Material Considerations for Rotary Die CuttingRotary die cutting works with a wide range of suitable materials that includes paper, plastic, foam, metal, laminates, and fabrics. Knowing what type of web material will be converted helps to determine optimal configurations and rotary die cutting setting— including the design of the rotary die.
- Choosing Rotary Die Cutting over Laser Cutting
- Understanding Different Types of Die Cutting